Always wanted to make your own designs a reality? Or do you have difficulty to get the right sizes in the shop or with pre-made patterns? Than this workshop series is great for you! With this 8 week course you can learn to draw all basic patterns in your own size. After we made your own size pattern we will be working on a prototype and make the piece perfectly fitted to your body. With these perfectly fitted basic patterns it is possible to make all designs in your own size. It is best to have some basic sewing experience to follow these workshops.
Lesson 1: Basic Skirt and variations
Lesson 2: Basic Trousers
Lesson 3: Finishing trousers/skirt pattern & toile making/fitting
Lesson 4: Basic top/dress
Lesson 5: Basic Sleeve
Lesson 6: Finishing top/sleeve pattern & toile making/fitting
Lesson 7: Basic Jacket
Lesson 8: Basic Coat
What we provide:
– 8 weeks of professional guidance by Nikki Duijst (part of the lesson is by group, part is individual).
– All tools necessary (pattern drawing paper, rulers, pencils etc.).
– Pattern book ‘Metric Pattern Cutting for Women’s Wear’ by W. Aldrich. (value 39,95 euro)
– Coffee, tea & cookies during workshops.
What you have to bring:
– Prototype fabric to make the prototypes (cheap cotton is fine)
This is the first course of the two. In the ‘Pattern Drawing Workshop Series 2.0’ you can go more in depth of pattern drawing. We will discuss variations (like special sleeves and types of skirt/pants etc.) of the patterns and the details (like pockets and closures). It is possible to follow the second course after you did the first one.